The first ever challenge is an incredibly common design pattern: an email sign-up form. We’re keeping it simple with ours, but there’s some hidden details that if you get right, you’ll create a solid user experience for everyone.
What you’re building permalink
The brief permalink
Take the design assets and re-create the sign-up form with whatever front-end technology you want. This is a front-end challenge, so don’t worry about handling form data or any back-end stuff.
Make sure that your challenge solution does the following as a minimum:
- Validates the user’s email address
- Manages focus and uses appropriate focus styles
- Uses appropriate, semantic elements
- Provides a baseline accessible user experience
Bonus points awarded if:
- You use progressive enhancement
- You use modern CSS
- Your solution is lightweight and performant
- Your solution is fully accessible and uses appropriate
ariaroles and regions
- You create subtle transitions and animations between states
Here’s some assets to get you going:
Here are some CSS Custom Properties for your colours:
- Code language
Wrapping up permalink
When you’ve tried building this one for yourself, head over to the solution to see how I built it!
See you at the next one 👋